Friday, January 31, 2014

Jan. 31, 2014


My internet has been down. It seems to come on about 9 in the evening and then go off about 8 in the morning. Frustrating since most of those hours I am sleeping. Today is a red letter day that it came on so early.


I made three loaves of bread on Wednesday. I chose wheat because the spelt was not going to work for me so I figured I may as well give the rest of the family wheat. Spelt doesn't cook up as nice so it isn't worth using if you don't have to. I use hard, red, winter, organic wheat. The bread looks wonderful and the kids love it. A piece of toast with butter and honey is the breakfast of choice around here. Makes me happy since it's such an easy option.


We had grilled cheese with salad and tomato soup for lunch. I haven't found a source for organic cheese yet, but I'll work on that. I would make it myself, but cheddar is very time consuming so I opt to purchase it.


We haven't seen any relief in Owen's symptoms, but the weight loss is enough to keep us going. Time is on our side. We continue to pray that God will heal Owen, and then we do our best to be responsible with what He does give us.


I have been using a natural shampoo and conditioner from the Crazzy Woman. I really like it. It leaves the hair feeling a bit waxy, not sure why, but for me and my hairstyle it's perfect. I usually use a hair product from Redken called Rough Paste to give my hair a waxy texture. While using this product I haven't had to use any Redken product on my hair. Saves me money and I'm sure its better for me not to have to use extra product. It leaves my curls soft and defined.


After a week of using her (Crazzy Woman) "Nice Pits" cream I am still very happy with it. My daughter used some for a few days and loves it. I think the jar I have will be going off to college on Sunday. If you want to try some you can find her on Etsy.com I think she goes by Crazy Woman.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment