Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jan. 4, 2014

The red wheat sprouted today!! I rinsed it well and spread it on a cookie sheet in the oven to dry. I just put the oven on warm because I don't want to over-heat the berries. In the morning I'll check to see if the berries are drying well. If there's still a lot of moisture in the berries I'll up the temp a bit. The last thing I want is for the berries to start to mold.

The Durum berries did not sprout, not even a little bit. In fact they fermented. I rinsed them and put them in the chicken bucket. I'll have to do some reading to see if the Durum berry is already processed in a way that would keep them from sprouting.

I refilled the jars with dry wheat berries and water so I can be working on a new batch while finishing this one.

We went shopping out of town today so we did our best to make simple food choices via fast food. Not real easy. KFC grilled chicken and mashed potatoes with biscuits. I think next time I'll make sure to allot for time to pack a lunch.

We weren't with Owen today so I don't know how he did in our absence but I'll report on that later.

Tomorrow is Sunday and our day of worship and rest. I won't be posting on Sunday.

Until next time...

Proverb of the day: Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment