Friday, February 21, 2014

Feb. 21, 2014


I think I should open an clothing store that's called, "TRUE PIECE." This store would have a disclaimer to sign when entering that would give permission for the sales girls to speak the truth. The motto would be "If it don't look good we won't sell it to you" or maybe, "Life's too short to be lied to, we'll help you truly look your best." See, there's one thing that really bothers me when shopping at the mall, and that's to watch a sales clerk sell an article of clothing, or whole outfit to a woman when the outfit does everything but flatter. What a crime! I don't care how a person is built, not everything was meant for everyone. The best body in Hollywood has to be selective about what it wears because we all just don't look good in the same things.


A real friend will be honest about what we try on. A true friend wants me to look my best. A true friend would never encourage me to buy something that looked awful. Therefore, the sales girl is not my friend. She Ohhhs and Ahhhs and says, "that looks great" when it really doesn't.


At my store we would tell the truth, in love, but we would tell the truth. It would be our biggest delight to truly make a person look like a million bucks. And why? Because we would care. We would have the guts to say, "Hmmm...not a good color, let's try purple. See that, look how that brings out your green eyes and makes the red in your hair pop"  Or we might say, "Let's try a bigger size. If the fabric is loose it will be more comfortable and it has a slimming affect through the waist and hips, no muffin top!"


I think it would take some getting used to for some people. The honest thing. But I think they'd come back for more. I think they'd see a picture of themselves that their husband snaps and posts on FB and say, "wow, I look nice." Instead of, "Oh my Goodness!! I can't believe I thought that looked good!"


In my store we would love every body type and shape and we would work toward helping our customer love their bodies too. In my store we would be honest and that honesty would revolutionize the fashion world.


just sayin'.....


until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment